Trial drug can significantly block early stages of COVID-19 in engineered human tissues
An international team led by University of British Columbia researcher Dr. Josef Penninger has found a trial drug that effectively blocks the cellular door SARS-CoV-2 uses to infect its hosts. Read More
For all the latest UBC News, including releases by beat area, features, Q and A’s, Opinions and more, visit UBC News.
- Mar. 26 - UBC experts on what to read when you’re stuck at home
- Mar. 25 - How globalization stoked fear of disease during the Romantic era
- Mar. 24 - More UBC researchers receive federal funding to study COVID-19
- Mar. 23 - The post-pandemic city: UBC expert on how the coronavirus will impact future cities
- Mar. 23 - Myth busting: Setting the record straight on ibuprofen and COVID-19